Tuesday, March 4, 2008

#55 Own a Bible

Completed March 4, 2008

I got Dave to take me Bible shopping because, well, there are about a million different Bibles and I knew he'd be able to help me pick out one that would be best for me. I ended up with The Journey, which is an NIV version that's kind of geared toward people who are just starting on the path towards becoming a Christian and exploring their faith.

We went to Bible study at Ray's house right afterward so I got to use it right away (we were talking about Luke 15 8-32 - I know that's not the right way to write it but I'm new to this). The conversation got pretty intense- I brought up two of the major points I've been wrestling with lately and Ray helped me think through them- I'm drained. It was almost disheartening to realize how much thinking and soul searching I need to do, but I suppose it's exhilarating at the same time. At least now I can start getting a grasp on the actual word of God and start answering some of my questions.

No comments: