Monday, September 24, 2007

# 37 Go to Mardi Gras


Completed February 14-18, 2007

When I was growing up, I had a friend in my neighborhood during the summer who lived with his mom in New Orleans during the school year. I've wanted to go to Mardi Gras since he started telling me about it, and conveniently enough, my college roommate is from New Orleans. In lieu of a spring break trip, my mom bought me a plane ticket to 'the Big Easy' for a long weekend right before the actual "Fat Tuesday", but we got to see most of the biggest parades. Jessica (my roommate)'s grandma lived right on the parade route, so we just hung out at her house all day eating and drinking and going out to the front yard to catch beads when parades went by. We stuck mostly with the 'family oriented' part of Carnival, but one of these days I'd like to get back and check out the clubs as well as the parades. Good times!

Me, Bonnie, and Jessica between parades.

No comments: